Sunday, February 10, 2013

13: Austenland

Austenland by Shannon Hale
new: 29th Jan.

I've become enthralled by The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a multimedia online experience show/thing (click the link, they explain it better) which is based off of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. With episodes only twice a week featuring Lizzie and Darcy adorbs, I needed more.

So, as I am wont to do, I turned to Julia, my friendly neighborhood librarian!

She recommended a whole pile for me, and Austenland was on top because it took longer to find than the others.

I liked it a lot, mainly because it wasn't rewriting the story of Elizabeth and Darcy, but rather establishing that their story existed and impacted the life of the main character, Jane. It was short, sweet, and clever. Exactly what I needed.

Recommended for: people who like adult books, (nothing objectionable!) people who like P&P, people who like books about flirting and kissing but not bodice-rippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment