Thursday, February 07, 2013

10: Shades of Earth

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
new: 20th Jan.

It has now been two years since I first discovered Beth through Maggie Stiefvater, and I am so happysad that the final book in the Across the Universe trilogy is finally here.

I really want to try and be as spoiler free as possible, because GEEZ does this book change everything and it's so well-plotted and the reveals are perfectly timed and THAT CHAPTER AT THE END WHEN I HAD A HEART ATTACK OMG.

Maybe I should write the rest of this when I'm not going to be fangirling all over it.

Okay, I have calmed down.

Everything the characters did felt completely true to who they were. They acted like real people, with muddied emotions and motivations, and it was so GREAT. There was desperation and love and examples of the best and absolute worst of humanity. This series holds a special place in my heart. (I just typed "head" instead of heart. Typo? Freudian slip? You decide.)

It was lovely. So lovely. (Even though the body count was SO HIGH. SO HIGH.) (And one death I really had a problem with from a story standpoint, though I understood why it happened. I just don't agree that it HAD to.)

This book is DEFINITELY for high school and up. But it's good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment