Saturday, February 09, 2013

12: The Archived

The Archived by Victoria Schwab
new: 27th Jan.

Victoria is obviously a versatile writer, because The Archived is very very different in tone than The Near Witch, her first published novel. They both involve magic and family, but their target audience is different.


Once again, the bond between siblings is a main focus, and it still surprises me that Victoria is an only child. She writes about siblings so well!

Like NW, TA was a very visual story, and I think it would make for an excellent movie. (Or even book trailer. Has anyone made a trailer for this book somehow involving the Narrows? Because I want to see it.)

My only problem was a tiny one. Da. Da is what I call my father. It's a traditional Irish name, but in the book, Da is Mac's GRANDfather, which caused me some confusion when it mentioned Da and Dad in the same sentence.

Other than that, it was solid and I very much look forward to the rest of the series and to everything else Victoria's writing!

Recommended for: mature middle schoolers and up, (there's kissing but nothing else on that front) due to creepy imagery and difficult themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment