Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm Good At Making Excuses: Why I Haven't Posted Much

The title says it all. Basically, I've overloaded myself with writing projects (I'm choosing to focus just on November right now, we'll get to the other months later) and as a result, none of them are being done adequately.

For the last three Novembers (2008, 2009, and 2010), I've done NaNoWriMo. I only won last year. The other two years, there were various technological issues that slowed my progress, and by the time they were resolved, I felt it was too late to catch up and quit. This year, I was bound and determined to finish again, carefully allotting how much I should write each day so I wouldn't have to write during week three. (Two words: tech week.)

And then, on November first, my English teacher informed us that we would be doing our research papers. During November, due December 5th. Suddenly my NaNoing seemed less viable. And clearly, writing the various pieces of the paper are far more important than writing my NaNo, because my grade kind of depends on it.

So that's why I haven't been posting this month.

For all of August, my excuse is I went back to school and was settling back into my routine. September, I felt like I hadn't read anything I could write a lengthy post about. (Yeah, maybe my goals should change... Hm...) October was break and schoolwork, and November is now.

But I'll be better about posting! I have an interview with Victoria Schwab (plus a giveaway!) going up Tuesday!

Seriously, I will post it. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. No worries, it's so difficult to post during NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy. I saw that you've already finished, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete